Monday, May 20, 2013

Divine Destiny or Pure Coincidence?

About two weeks ago, on a normal Friday or Saturday...i forget which day exactly, but the incident that day was remarkable, shocking, and odd. In other words, the event warranted a reflection of some sort. As I was saying, It was a normal day when suddenly I hear my father yelling something about a car coming into our driveway. I get up and look out of the window and see a mid-sized jeep strolling into my mother's rose garden. My first instinct was to run out there and stand in front of the car, like I saw plenty of superheros do, and possibly stop the car from either hitting my wife's car or rolling down into the woods. So, I ran out yelling for the person to stop, but I was too late. All I heard was a light bang when his car connected with my wife's brand new car. My second reaction was to go confront the driver and asses the situation. The second I look into his driver side window, I realize what is going on; he was having a seizure.

I began to panic  frantically yelling out, "CALL 9-1-1!!" and while my wife was calling 911 I ran to the street to try to flag down someone that might be, by pure chance, a doctor or medical professional that can save this man's life. To me, he was going to die in my driveway. Fortunately, after the seizure he was unconscious and shortly woke up confused and scared. I reassured him that help was on the way and told him to stay in his car and stay calm. I was not worried about the car, was not worried about the rose bushes, I was worried about this man's life. Thankfully the police and paramedics come shortly and asses the situation. The thing is, He was unharmed, my wife's car had not a scratch, his car was fine, and the rose garden was practically untouched. So, this man, who we found out was epileptic, had an episode, lost control of his car and it swerved, going through this garden that is full of bushes, big rocks, and duck figurines, to end up hitting my wife's jeep, and was left unharmed. I'm left confused. I'm left thankful and yet seeking answers. Why our house? Does God have a bigger plan for this man? Was it not his time? Was it pure chance that all of these  situations lined up and somehow everything was perfect enough for nothing to happen?

Almost a week later or so, actually a few days ago, I decided to take my in-laws and my wife to NYC. I expressed how it is easier to take the metro north down to grand central instead of driving for various reasons. They agreed to take the train. We went to the Milford station, since that was the closest to us, and decided to catch the 5:45 train to NY. Now, before I continue, i want to say how much i hate that the milford station has no living sole available to assist commuters or answer questions, but this might have been what saved our life that day.

It was Friday and you must purchase a permit in order to park at the station. The catch is, finding where you pay for the permit and how to obtain it. After walking around endlessly and asking random people about this permit, we realized we will have to miss the 5:45 train and take the next one at 6:03. Once that train came, we all sat in it and waited..and waited...and waited, until they made an announcement that the train is delayed due to activity ahead. We heard it was going to be a while so we decided to postpone our trip. We later found out a train derailed and hit the side of another train. We strongly believe it was the 5:45 train that we were supposed to be on that got hit. As a result about 60 people were injured.

What are the chance of these odd events occuring to ME? Was it to teach me some greater message? Whatever it is, i learned life can be taken away almost immediately. This world, people, the things we cherish, can all go. Love your life, but take pride in doing good by others and contributing in a way that makes life that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment